Monday 20 January 2014

Appliqued cushions

It's been really busy at Jack's Room for the past few weeks with lots of custom orders coming in. With 2 kids at home it's been so difficult to find the time to shop for fabric and sew and not to mention blog !!


This week I have been making appliqued name cushions and having so much fun. They are a generous size at 46cm square (or 18"). I used heat and bond to iron on the letters then machine appliqued them using a straight stitch. I finally backed them with super soft minky with an envelope finish. They turned out better than I expected.



I'm just putting together two in some super cool surfer fabric for two older boys. I love that pillows like this really have no age limit.


I've also just finished putting together two playmats one a custom order (stars and stripes) and the other just because I loved the fabrics - particularly chevron. It seems my customers love chevron too as I have just ordered some grey and pink chevron and dots to make up a patchwork playmat in the coming weeks.


With all those orders I've still managed to sew another two rows on my black and white quilt too. I always have lots of projects going at one time it is often a mad house but I love to be busy.

How many projects are you working on at once??

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.