Friday 13 March 2015

The Friendship Patch


A few months ago I was asked if I would like to provide Down Under Quilts magazine with a Christmas inspired quilt. I had already made a cute little advent calendar wall hanging for Love Sewing Australia here so I wanted something simple yet effective.

I decided I would make a quick and easy quilt using traditional quilt blocks (friendship patch block and four patch block) and classic red and white colours but not use Christmas fabrics. See the fabrics I used here. I figured that this way the quilt could be utilised all year round and not packed away in the cupboard after the festive season ends.


The result was my Friendship Patch quilt seen here on the cover of Down Under Quilts Christmas edition.


I'm very proud of this one as I love simple clean lines and it's a quick yet effective quilt and fits perfectly on a single bed. It would look fantastic in a red and white inspired little girls room (pity I only have boys).


The quilt was quilted by my longarmer, Donna with an all over stars design. I even made a few extra blocks to feature on the back of the quilt.


This quilt is currently available for sale at my shop here.


I'm linking up with these fun places today Crazy Mum Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.
 
Till next time....happy sewing....
 
xx Jenny

4 comments

  1. Congrats on getting featured and thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having the quilt featured on the front of the magazine! My father would love this quilt (red is his favorite color). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red and white is such a great classic look. Congrats on the publish too -- that's awesome. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.