Tuesday 4 February 2014

Hawthorn Hawks Quilt

 

When I was approached by a mad AFL Hawthorn fan I just couldn't say no to the thought of creating a footy based quilt. As Aussie's we love our sport and what a better way to reflect this than having our team colours on a quilt.

This quilt was made for a young boy for his double bed but he also wanted to take it to the games on a cold night so I backed this one with flannel for extra warmth.

Fabric was from an actual double bed doona cover which (like a true quilter) I cut up and pieced back together.


It is a very simple block design with sashing backed with yellow flannel.  I included the large logo on one of the blocks too. This was appliqued with a tight zig zag stitch.


I also made two quilted pillows to match utilising the logo from the fabric.


No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.