Sunday 15 June 2014

Sunday Stash - April Showers


Following on from my previous post about the Camille Roskelley Trunk Show I thought it rather fitting that my Sunday Stash be from one of her fabric ranges.

I was fortunate enough earlier on in the year to receive a fat quarter bundle of April Showers from my friend's at the Fat Quarter Shop. There are 40 fabrics in the range and my fat quarter bundle was put together with 20 of the prints.


I fell in love with this fabric for the cute umbrellas and raindrops and loved Camille's Raincheck quilt made with this range. I have additional yardage of the grey umbrella print which I plan to use as backing.



There are some great stripes and spots in the range too. I love the diagonal stripe and can see many a quilt binding made with these.

 
 


I grabbed additional yardage of the red stripe to make some pretty binding and some of the grey umbrella print which might go into an outer border depending on the quilt design.


I'm not usually a fan of florals but I quite like the larger floral prints in this range.


I think this one in particular will make a great backing for a quilt.


When I first received the fabric I had a quilt design in mind that featured appliqued raindrops but after seeing a similar design I had put the fabric back on the shelf until now. I have opened up my trusty book of blocks and am looking for inspiration for this quilt design.


Hopefully I will have a design together over the next few weeks that I can share.

It's Sunday so I'm linking up with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash weekly linky party.

Molli Sparkles


Till next time.....happy sewing....

5 comments

  1. What fun fabrics. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always such great colours and prints in their ranges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I have been dying to get my hands on some of this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun line. Great basics with the polka dots, stripes and dotty raindrops. The umbrellas are adorable. I also like the kind of bunches basics as well. For some reason that blue ditsy floral makes me happy as well. I got just a few small pieces when my LQS had a sale. (That's my fabric rule :) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.