Tuesday 22 July 2014

Sunday Stash: Marine Too

Having little boys I just couldn't go past this fabric when I first saw it. The range is called Marine Too by Dan Stiles for Birch fabrics. It is 100% certified organic premium quilting weight cotton and lovely and soft to touch.


There are 10 fabrics in the range which showcases both small and large (actually very large) prints.
 

Both the turtles and the whales are super cute with little love hearts between them.


There are also some prints with submarines, anchors, crabs, ships and birds. I'm loving the brightness of these prints they just scream fun and happy to me!

 
I haven't got any specific fabric in mind for these just yet but as the prints are quite large I'm thinking some simple large strips or perhaps bordered squares. I also bought some extra yardage of the whales which I can't wait to use as backing.
 
Till next time....happy sewing....
 
xx Jenny

3 comments

  1. Those are very lovely prints. I especially like the smaller print that is mostly waves with a whale here and there. :) Looking forward to seeing what you create with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fabrics, my most favourite are the whales! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I love that print with the scallops and the random whales between them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.