Wednesday 18 December 2013

Another Double Slice layer cake quilt


Yes that's right. No sooner after making my first custom made quilt I was asked to make another. This time for a little girl. Her mum had seen my pictures of the Bungle Jungle quilt I had made and wanted one similar in girl fabric but not too pink and left the decision up to me.

I immediately thought of Alphabet Soup by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake Designs. She had both a boy and girl range that were both super cute so I couldn't resist getting the girl range for this quilt.

So it was time for a lot of cutting and piecing. Sometimes I feel a bit said cutting up a layer cake - all that beautiful fabric being cut into little pieces....


I also made myself a design wall to layout all the squares to make sure I was happy with the overall design before sewing. There is tonnes of information out there about making design walls but mine is simply a piece of cotton batting hung up over my sewing room door with coat hangers - pretty simple huh - but does the job!

 
And the final result a beautiful double bed quilt and matching pillowcase for a special little girl.






No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.