Tuesday 31 December 2013

UFO's - not the flying ones!

"I've been put on this earth to sew and finish a certain number of things. 

I am so far behind right now…I will never die!"

~author unknown


Ok so before I started quilting I thought UFO's where those things that fly in the sky. In the quilting world UFO's are "unfinished objects" those quilts we start to make but never seem to finish.

Unfortunately I have a very short attention span so if a quilt top takes me too long to put together or doesn't quite look how I had planned it ends up in a box or basket. And please don't get me started about quilts needing binding... If it's a customer order it gets done as a matter of priority but if it's a project for me (in most cases) it will never see the light of day.

So today I am sharing my UFO's which comprise mostly of blocks that are ready to be sewn together to make a beautiful quilt that I just haven't got around to yet. You know when that thing called life gets in the way.

Here they are (in no particular order):

This one just waiting for binding

This one has now been quilted and too is waiting for binding

My first Chevron quilt still in pieces..lots of them arghh
 
Another one still in pieces just couldn't quite get it to work


Yep this one is in pieces too


and finally this one....

Wow after looking through these pictures I didn't realised I had so many unfinished quilts. To make matters worse I have two more that I just don't have pictures of in various boxes..... Given it's a new year tomorrow perhaps I could at least promise to finish one of them - maybe..

So tell me - do you have a room full of UFO's like me - and I don't mean the flying ones !!

3 comments

  1. Wow all those quilts look amasing. Now I am really worried about what I am in for, I have the fabric sitting uncut and only one that I started but it was too hard so it has landed in the too hard basket and probably wont even get completed. So this past year I have really have no UFO's and hope to have the same update this time next year. Lol. Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was as good as you - did manage to finish one UFO just before the new year so was pretty pleased with that !! I hope to at least finish some of these in 2014 !!

      Delete
  2. Go for it lol just do it. I still have to fmq am afraid to though, might make my new years resolution to do a class to get the courage, 2013 is my first year of quilting, so who knows how many i will have at the end of 2014. Hope as I said before none lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.