Thursday 26 December 2013

The Minky Revolution

Have you noticed that this last winter there seemed to be an obsession with minky. That beautiful soft and cuddly fabric that everyone likes to touch? Well I had an influx of orders for minky backed blankets. Some were made with a plain cotton print on the front whilst others had a patchwork finish with 5" squares. Here are a few of my favourites.





For those of you that have ever sewn with minky you'll know what I mean when I cringe when the word sewing and minky are used in the same sentence. Yes the fabric is beautiful and soft but it has a mind of it's own and tends to move a lot when sewing so pins become your best friend - I use a whole box on one pram sized blanket!! So if you are thinking of making a minky blanket pins, pins and more pins is all I can say. Oh and the dotted one is easier to work with than the plain in case you are wondering.

I couldn't show you my blankets without showing you a picture of my little man enjoying his own special one too !!




No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.