Sunday 15 December 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So it's that time of year again when we creative types think we should make something Christmassy - well I do anyway. So my mum always has Christmas Day lunch at her house and has the most amazing tree so I thought what better to show off the tree than a beautiful Christmas tree skirt.

I went to my local and picked up some Christmas fabric.


I couldn't go past these cute little skaters. I decided to do some traditional star blocks and incorporate them into a tree skirt.



This picture is just before I quilted it all up - just some simple 'stitch in the ditch' quilting for this one. I ended up binding it with a red store bought bias tape which probably wasn't the best decision as it creased a lot and was difficult around the corners but I was running out of time to make my own so had to make do.

And finally under the tree in all it's glory.


I should also share the whole tree seeing my mum spends so much time putting the decorations up - isn't it beautiful.





No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.