Tuesday 24 December 2013

"Peak Hour" quilt

When Peak Hour Fabric by Kelly Wulfsohn for Riley Blake came out I was first in line to get myself a layer cake and a couple of yards of the Peak Hour traffic main fabric and I'm so glad I did. How cool is this fabric!



I was asked by a friend to make her little boy a single bed quilt and he loves anything car related - so this fabric hit the nail on the head. I really wanted to highlight the main fabric so that's exactly what I did. I decided to simply put a large piece of the main fabric in the centre and border with the layer cake blocks and I couldn't have been more happy with the result.

 
This quilt came together nice and quick I just had to be very careful with the measurements (which I'm not always that precise with - if truth be told...) to be sure the layer cakes stayed complete around the edges.


So what do you think?

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I love to read all my guests comments and I will try my best to reply.